-Research Elizabethan Masquerade Balls
*Visit the following sites and answer the following questions on paper …
*Visit this site: http://costumes.lovetoknow.com/Elizabethan_Masquerade_Masks
1. What did the masks allow the men and women to do while they wore them?
2. Why do you think Shakespeare used a masquerade ball in Romeo and Juliet?
*Visit this site: http://masqueboutique.com/how-to-choose-a-mask-buying-guide/
3. How does one choose what type of masks they should make or purchase?
4. What are the different materials that are used to make the masks?
*Visit this site: http://www.elizabethan-era.org.uk/elizabethan-masques.htm
5. Who was the King of England when masques first became popular?
6. What relation was this person to Queen Elizabeth?
7. What was considered unusual about royal women and masques?
*Visit this site: http://www.elizabethanenglandlife.com/elizabethan-masques.html
8. Where did masques originate?
9. What role did religion play in Elizabethan masques?
*Watch this video on how to make your own Masquerade mask: https://safeshare.tv/x/ss5899d5d8e62da
10. If you could make your own mask, what would you want it to look like? Describe in great detail …
*Bring your own art supplies tomorrow – we’re making masks!
-Newsela Article Of the Week Due Friday